Wednesday, January 8, 2014

#payitforward2014

#payitforward2014

I am pretty excited to be a part of this phenomenon that is going on in the craft world of Instagram.   And I would like to thank whomever came up with the image above because I am borrowing your image for this post and I do not know who you are to give you proper credit.  Sorry.

Moving right along.

#payitforward2014 began on New Year's Day.  I joined in a few days later. 
Basically someone posts a picture with the hashtag #payitforward2014 and whomever leaves comments below the picture will receive a handmade item by the person sometime during the year 2014.  They are then invited to participate as well by re-posting and inviting others to do the same.

I think it is so awesome that there are things like this bringing people together in such an easy format.  The craft world is such a positive environment and everyone loves to share and give what they make.  For example: because of this I get to swap and get to know someone in England whom I have never met.  So cool.

Also, the other hashtag festivity I am taking part in on Instagram is #yearofmaking.  This is what I descried in my post Make Something Every Day from last week.  I wanted to recap the snapshots I posted on Instagram of what I have been making the last 7 days.  It is pretty fun.  I think will try to do this weekly.  


Cheers!

1 comment :

  1. Who knew you were so crafty. Thats so cool. Love the projects you got going on. Looking forward to seeing the thinks you make and cook. Hope the blanket Grandma started for you and the yarn I sent you will some day turn into a completed blanket. Look forward to seeing the post some day.

    ReplyDelete