Thursday, January 2, 2014

Make Something Every Day



2nd day of the new year.  So far, 2014 looks to be the year of passion just as I think it will be.

Yesterday was grand.  (Don't you feel fancy using words like grand when you speak or write?  I do.  I really do.)  So, yesterday, as I said, was grand.  Great fun.  Fiona and I accompanied Jason to his place of work at the poop water plant and we got to see the lab work he gets to do.  His job is wicked awesome and my husband is wicked smaht.  (please now reread that last sentence in a New England accent.  You will then see that smaht is not a misspelled word.  However there may be some misspelled words in this post.  I am no longer going over these posts with a fine tooth comb.  If I did - I may never ever get to blog.)



I drove in the snow for the first time on the way back from Jason's work.  It was so much fun!  When we got back to the house I baked some bread and we went over to his parents house and ate beef bugnion, which is Julia Child's delicious and infamous fancy French Stew.  We were fortunate enough to have a white New Year's Day and we played in the snow and felt like kids again.  (it was perfect!)  After that we came home and vegged out.  Fiona went to sleep by 6:30.  Jason putzed and I read the first third of J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye, which I have never read before. It is awesome and I am falling quickly in love with J.D. Salinger.

I had told Jason during the day yesterday that this year I really want to try to make something everyday and post it on Instagram every day.  I am a big craft people stalker and there is one lady who I really loved following and she did this sort of thing last year.  She made something every day of the year and posted it on Instagram.  She truly is an inspiration to me and she doesn't even know I exist.  But alas, she has inspired me for the year 2014.  So if you follow me on Instagram (@madetheflowers or click on the "follow me" button on the top left on this page) then you will see a lot of things I make before I post them on here but you won't see all of it and most of all you will miss out on my wit and grandiose prose.  


Yesterday I already failed at taking a picture of the bread I baked for New Year's Day lunch but I did take a picture of the other half of the bread dough I made yesterday that is on its second rise in the refrigerator today.  [1/365]


Also, today I have begun the process of a cross stitch kit. [2/365].   I decided to stitch a kit to help me get my feet wet in cross stitching again before I begin my awesome cross stitch project that I want to complete for Fiona's room.  

Also, I have a Sew Goal for the year 2014: a flannel shirt as well as a quilt top.  I am very excited.

Jason Fiona and I have a lot of goals for this year and a lot of fun things to do on the list of the Lentz life agenda, but for right now my blog readers I hope you are satisfied with knowing a few of my "make"goals.

I intend on doing a lot of embroidery, cross stitch, sewing, crocheting and cooking and baking and drawing and painting and decorating and just pretty much playing with anything I am inspired by.  Our drive this last weekend to the Rocky Mountains through the snow in our new-to-us Jeep has really inspired me and I really have this fire in me to create and I intend on taking full advantage of it every single day!

This is the year to succeed in making something every day.  Why don't you try it out too?


Cheers!


No comments :

Post a Comment