Friday, January 17, 2014

Fiona's Peachy Double Crochet Car Blanket

I had a blast crocheting this blanket for Fiona.  I started this project November 2013 and pulled it out of a box a couple weeks ago.   
Jason actually picked the yarn color for this project.  I knew what yarn and what color yarn I wanted to use when I was at Joanne's in Cheyenne, Wyoming.  But Jason handed this to me and said "You should use this one!"  He was really thrilled about it.  I would have never have chosen Peachy, myself, but I am so glad he convinced me to use it because I am in love with the confetti of pinks and oranges in this blanket.
I actually had this blanket all crocheted up before I placed it into a packing box.   I don't know why I didn't just weave in the ends and keep it for her to use this last month.  But, sometimes when you move suddenly, even the smallest tasks can seem mountainous.  So, I weaved in the ends at the beginning of the month.
The reason I have called this her car blanket is because, well, it is the blanket I use to cover her up in the car and to wrap her in to and from stores.  This blanket is so soft and so warm, it really fits our needs in this cold weather, here in North Eastern Colorado.

I found the pattern for this blanket off of Ravelry.  It is the Super Simple Charity Blankie by Sara Graham.

For this blanket I used:
400 yards Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn.
Yarn is Super Bulky - 6.
Color: Peachy
Hook Size - 10 MM - 

Blanket Dimensions: 35"x30"


Cheers!






No comments :

Post a Comment