Friday, April 19, 2013

Thank You Lord, For You Have Blessed Me



     Last night Bad Religion played at the Hollywood Palladium.  Jason bought us two tickets after I talked and talked and talked about their tour and how I haven’t been to a show in so long.  He threw me a bone and we spent $90 on 2 tickets that we didn’t use.
     About a  month ago I looked at Jason and told him we needed to sell the tickets because Fiona was not going to be ok with us being gone for a night all the way in LA.  She would be fine, but she refuses to take the bottle.  The burden of watching her if she refused to eat would be way too much to ask of anyone.  What if we could not be reached?  What if she needed to eat and was just throwing a fit and would not stop and we were stuck in traffic coming from LA?  No way.  No show or night out is not fair to place that stress on anyone, especially not Fiona.
     So I tried to sell the tickets.  No one bit.  My sisters tried to sell the tickets to their friends.  No one bit.  I even tried to give away the tickets.  Not a peep.
     A few years ago I would have had to choose who to sell my tickets to.  What a change.  What a different life.  With so many transitions and changes going on right now this was a small, yet monumental, one.  It concluded the reflection I had began when I posted about my Music Realization last summer.
     I am never going to buy Bad Religion tickets again or probably have a want to see them.  Of course I am going to want to go to concerts.  I would still love to see Foo Fighters before I die, and would really love to see Explosions in the Sky and gosh, I really want to see Miranda Lambert (she is a badass.).
But, the life I used to know is not a part of my life at all anymore.  And you know what?  I am so happy it isn't. 
     Today, my life today, I have a husband, a beautiful daughter, and a loving family.  I will take a night in, make dinner at home with the husband, embroider, sew, watch Duck Dynasty, hit up a Swapmeet, go thrifting, watch ducks at the park while we stroll, stock up NuthinButPutzin, blog about anything and everything, plan book swaps, move to the beach, and then who knows what.  But the bottom line is I am 24 and I will take a night home with my baby and husband and do absolutely nothing but play and read and dream and talk then be out for a night out to relive what I used to do for fun. 
       Simple is my tempo.  Slow is my speed.  I lived a lot of fast life.  I have realized I don’t want to even visit it again for just a night.    Goodbye, sionora,  I like who I am now.   I like my life now.  Jason, Fiona and I are only moving positively forward.

     Thank you Lord, for you have blessed me:  Living a life of contentment and seeing the beauty in simplicity with my husband and daughter. 

Cheers!


                

No comments :

Post a Comment