Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sewing Project #3: Bibs for Fiona



     First off, I need to admit to you I finished this project the day before Easter and am posting about it now!  I apologize for the delay.  I kept saying, “Oh I need to get a picture of Fiona wearing her bib before I post it!”

 Somehow the only picture I had was this one from Easter! 


      Well, I finally got a good one!  Sorry the quality of the pictures of her arent the greatest.  Something happened to my camera lens when the family and I went to Disneyland on this last Saturday.  (sadness.)  Who knew the most challenging portion would be the picture?  (If I were on twitter, this is where I would Hashtag #lifeofablogger).


     I thought this picture was really funny!  Anyways, moving right along.  I LOVED this project.  In this project I tackled the Curved Seam and Velcro!
   
     Fiona is quite petite and needs a rather small bib.  I had seen a tutorial where someone used an old bib as a pattern to make her son a new bib.  I followed suit with a small bib I was able to find at WalMart.

     This was another great beginner’s project for it was pretty simplistic and I could give all my concentration to SEWING MY FIRST CURVED SEAM.  (Watch out!)

    I am all in all really proud and satisfied with the turn out of the two bibs I made.  I made two bibs total in one day from start to finish. 

I tackled a lot of firsts within sewing project #3:
1.       I used an already purchased item as a pattern to make something new.
2.       I cut out a curved pattern on fabric.
3.       I tackled my first curved seam.
4.       I cut notches along the curve of the neck line in order to reduce bulk when turning the item inside out.
5.       I attached Velcro for the first time with my sewing machine.

     Fiona looks adorable in her bibs!  They are the perfect size for her.  They work really well for her right now since all she needs is a drool catcher.  When we starts getting into the realm of baby food I am going to incorporate other materials into the actual bib for absorbency and snaps for easier removal.  

If you are interested, I can easily make you or a friend one or many fabric bibs.  Just send an email to Brianna.m.lentz@gmail.com. 



Fiona sleeping while I made her bibs :)  Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment