Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Thrift & Antique Haul




There are a lot of great things about Colorado.  One of the greatest of those things is thrifting and antiquing in Colorado is phenomenal.  In California a lot of great finds are still out there to be found - at an overpriced rate.  Here, the thrifting Gods are shining down on us and we are grateful.  Oh, how we are grateful.

We have been searching for an antique pressure cooker, and have been searching for one even more so since watching this video on restoring a 100 year old pressure cooker from one of our favorite YouTube Channels: Wranglerstar.  I will go into more detail on this particular pressure cooker as we share the restoration process with you.

 

Another great find for us, well, especially me, since I have been looking for this for a while now, is a cast iron waffle maker.  This waffle maker, too, is about 100 years old.  I am, however, missing the stand for this, which I am confident I will be able to find soon enough, and have this Griswold complete.  There is a surprising amount of cast iron treasures that we have found discarded here.  And since I know what I am looking for will seem useless by itself, I will just have to keep my eyes peeled and score it.


I bought these off the walls of a new antique shop in a town nearby.  I will say, that I was able to get these two for under 5 bucks.


Another great find the Saturday from the Heavens was this antique leather tooling set.  Jason was able to talk him down from the seller's original price and legitimately walked away with the deal of the day.  These tools are fantastic and are still usable.  A great beginning to our leather tooling collection.


We had a fantastic time doing nothing but putzing.  

Cheers!


No comments :

Post a Comment