Friday, February 14, 2014

Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado


Garden of the Gods

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you who choose to celebrate it!  We do minorly.  I am a huge romantic and will take any reason to be warm and fuzzy.  Jason on the other hand goes with it.  And he humors me but thinks its a gimmee Holiday.  Which it is!  But.  Like I say, I just think its fun.  We traded cards last night!  It was cute, they were perfect.  And instead of flowers this year, I said I would like a French Curve Ruler.  Can you tell where my priorities are lately?!


Garden of the Gods! 
Last week Jason had a conference in Colorado Springs, Colorado for his job field.  Fiona and I drove down with him Sunday to tour Colorado Springs because we had never been there before.  The drive from North Eastern Colorado South to Colorado Springs Sunday morning was gorgeous and slightly dangerous as well, being the back roads were extremely icy! 


 In my research of the town I found that besides the railroad history and Goodwill mecca, there is also a National Natural Landmark - Garden of the Gods.


Sunday morning we toured the 1300 acre Red Rock Garden.  It is magnificent.



It was a real treasure to be able to tour this after it being laden with a blanket of snow.  Jason and I fell in love with Moab, Utah, when we stayed a couple days there on our treck from California to Colorado.  Garden of the Gods is a small bite of Moab, in my opinion.  Such a beautiful place to visit.


We cannot wait to come back and visit in the Spring and Summer to witness the fresh greenery and go on the trails available with Fiona.


I decided to include a mushy pic we took there as well, in the spirit of Valentine's Day!

Cheers!


No comments :

Post a Comment