Monday, January 6, 2014

Bringing Summer Into Freezing Temps with California Mexican Food Recreations

Hello there champs,

I hope you all are staying warm today.  It is certainly cold as hell here.  We woke up to the temperature reading MINUS 13.  As in below zero by thirteen degrees.  I should have taken a screen shot but I was a little taken aback.  Anywho, I have no complaints, Fiona and I are staying inside for the most part today.  Jason is the one who is a blue collar man who works inside and outside.


Yesterday we did wake up to a fair amount of snow for our little town.


And by nightfall, there were icicles on our house.  That is a first for me lady and gents, I have never had icicles on my house before.  It was pretty cool.


Why did I go outside last night?  Is what you maybe thinking now.  Well, to check on Jason who was grilling chicken in 3 degree weather.  Obviously.

There are a lot of awesome things about California that we miss like family, the beach, really good Mexican food, really great Mexican food, hole in the wall Mexican food, Fred's Tacos Mexican food, Molcasalsa Mexican Food, King's Taco Tacos, a thing called Taco Tuesday, and legit Mexican Food served with an ice cold beer.

While we are loving the cold weather and bundling up, we do feel this overwhelming need to bring some summer into this winter with recreating some pretty freaking legit Mexican food that is inspired by California Mexican Food.  We made some awesome pork tacos, which we think could have passed as carnitas anywhere, and I was too excited to eat them I didn't take a picture.



I did however take some pictures of a crocked Pollo Asada that we sliced and threw on some greens with a sour cream/lime juice/cilantro dressing.  Delicious.  


Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment