Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Work In Progress Crochet Star Blanket



Last Saturday I started a new crochet project.  Fiona was feeling sickly and didn't want to engage in any activity that didn't involve a show and snuggles on the couch.  Which, who can blame her?  I am the same way when I am sick.  So after a few hours of what started to feel like being trapped on the couch, I decided to dive into a large crochet project.


I bought this yarn from Joann's close to two months ago.  It was on triple clearance during the same time as a 20% off total purchase coupon.  After all discounts, each ball of yarn cost me about $1.40-$1.50, which is insane!  This yarn is Patons Classic Wool in the colors Plum Heather, Seafoam, and Moss Heather.  At first I didnt know what to make with it, I just thought Oh My Gosh I must by this...ITS ON SALE!

After putting it all together when I got home in a bin I knew I wanted to make Fiona a wool blanket for this Winter season.  Over the next two months I had severe commitment issues to what pattern I wanted to use.  I knew that because I had bought it on clearance I would need to be careful what I chose to do.  I really want to make a sharp Chevron blanket with eyelets but I was afraid I would run out of yarn and then have to resort to buying more yarn that I bought because it was on sale for more that original price on Ebay.  So two months went by.


Then last Saturday, I decided that was the day to start this project.  I opened up my book 100 Colorful Ripple Stitches to Crochet by Leonie Morgan.  I saw the Star Blanket and I knew this was would be the inspiration for this project.  It was a fun and youthful shape to balance our the darker colorway of the blanket. Lastly, I could make it as big as the amount of yarn I have will allow, so no stress.  I have never done a project like this before so it was indeed the perfect one.


Fiona saw it on Sunday and was really happy that it would be hers so it has gotten me working on it as much as my shoulders will let me.  My goal is to finish this blanket by Saturday, November 21st.

Fingers Crossed.  Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment