Friday, November 20, 2015

Fisherman's Wool Simple Fingerless Gloves




Hello there!  How is your day?  Does it feel like Thanksgiving is next week?  I did a lot of my grocery shopping this morning, trying to beat as much of the traffic as possible.  The weather has been all kinds of cray cray today.  It dropped 10 degrees in an hour this morning. had snow flurries, and a lot of wind.  Now we are most likely going to have snow tonight!  It definitely does feel like it will be Thanksgiving next week and I am excited because I love a good cooking marathon!

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in with an update on my Crohet Star Blanket progress.  Originally, I had said I wanted to finish the blanket by tomorrow.  That will definitely not happen!  I have made some headway on it but I got sidetracked by different projects.  Doesn't that always happen?  I have become quite the completionist this last year, but when your husband asks if you can make something you haven't made before, you jump on the opportunity right?

Last weekend we went to the mountains and on the way there he asked me if I could make him some Fingerless Gloves.  I said yea, of course.  I had been wanting to make mittens but hadnt jumped on the idea.  Last week we got our first snow where I am in Colorado.  So, now it is inevitable, you must carry gloves or mittens with you whenever you travel because Colorado this time of year is freaking unpredictable.


I looked for about half an hour on Ravelry but I didnt like how fancy they were until finally I found this awesomely delightful Simple Fingerless Glove pattern by ChassityOquendo .


I loved making Jason a pair so much that I was like, ok, Fiona needs some.


 And then I thought, ok, I need some too!


  And so now we all three have a matching pair of Fingerless Gloves,



Materials Used
Yarn: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in the color Oatmeal
Hook: Pattern calls for H/5.0mm -- I used a G/4.0mm Hook to achieve gauge
Time: 2 hours per pair on average.







Great and simple pattern!  I highly recommend it!  Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment