Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pinterest Has Brought Me Back

     It has been over a year and half since my last post.  Yikes.  I have developed 2 other blogs since abandoning this one and have abandoned those as well.  But due to curiosity and the realization of traffic from Pinterest on this blog I have decided to place the keys back into this blog's ignition and take this for a new spin.
     I always wanted to attach Pinterest Buttons to my posts but for some reason I could never figure it out.  As it turns out someone on the internet was able to figure out how to pin my blog and my Fiona's Peachy Double Crochet Car Blanket has been repinned over 80 times.  Considering it is not a major post and develops more traffic than all my other posts combined I thought, well hot damn.  Maybe I need to revisit my old blog idea and do it right.
     You see, before, I never really thought I was good enough.  Blogs, when I was blogging, were so freaking perfect, and I just am not that perfect and never will be (Thank God).  However, there has been a major shift in society and the internet in the last one and half years.  And you know what, I am good enough.
     A lot of blogs have been abandoned.  I abandoned mine.  My whole vision for blogging has changed.  Before I didnt really know what content to provide, so I provide a little of this and a lot of that, but I was never really passionate about it.  Also, being a new mother and moving states was a bit overwhelming not to mention this relentless nag of which blogging became.
     But today, I have a clear idea.  I know that what I do is good enough and my Instagram pictures can totally double up for my blog.  Let's be honest with each other, that is totally acceptable today, where as two years ago if your pictures weren't perfect, your blog wasn't worth READING.  Which I always thought was funny.
     Recently I have had this realization with Pinterest and my pinning habits: I am mostly pinning patterns and recipes.  These link me to a blog post.  The majority of these linked blog posts are over two years old.  I read somewhere that most of what is on pinterest is 80% repins.  Meaning there is not a whole lot of new content being developed, people are just pinning the same things over and over.  I also think people abandoning their blogs and no longer posting as many patterns and new content is contributing to this.  Which, is awesome for me.  This is a great opportunity for me to bring new content to Pinterest and the crafting community.
     I have been working hard on sharpening my skills.  I have fallen further and further in love with the fiber arts and sewing.  Oh yea, now I can say that I do know how to sew, I don't just like to think I can sew. No, really.  I have completed two dresses in the last month.
     I have also been creating my own crochet patterns.  I haven't been writing my own patterns on purpose.  It is more out of necessity because I have an idea of what I want to make and I can't find it.  So I find a base of what I like and then pretty much revamp it until it becomes something new and my own.  Which I think is awesome and am very proud of myself for doing.
     So what to look for on this blog to come?  Good question.  Crochet patterns and projects, sewing projects and finishes, as well as Etsy store updates. Oh, and anything Fiber Arts and Sewing Related and maybe some recent reads too.  Maybe.
     I have been creating a lot of things and want to have an active Etsy store.  Thanks to the selfie stick I can take more photos of my products by myself which is awesome since my husband works over 70 hours a week and my other helper is 2.  Also, I want to start finding stockists in The Rocky Mountains and I think the blog coupled with my Etsy store will provide a great portfolio and help develop trust in me.
     I am not sure how often I will post.  Maybe once a week.  Maybe more.  Maybe less.  But, I can gaurantee it is worth your while to check in to see what I am up to.
     Now, I have something important to ask of you.  Part of what I have learned this past year and half is how crucial it is to network and lend a helping hand.  When I find something or someone I like or admire I try my best to share them over my social media sites and by word of mouth.  I encourage you to do the same with me, my blog, as well as other artisans you come across.

Until next time, CHEERS!

No comments :

Post a Comment