Thursday, December 5, 2013

Negative Eight Degrees Fahrenheit


This is what -8 Degrees Fahrenheit looks like.  
or
This is what -22 Degrees Celsius looks like.

I am from California and this is my first real winter.  Snow is fun, snow is beautiful, snow is magical, and snow is mystical.  Snow has this way of making all those cheesy and heart warming Christmas movies seem like your story.  

But.  When you see a dash sign or as I am learning a minus sign before your single digit current temperature.  Well, excuse me, but shit just got real for this girl.

Like I said before, I am originally from Southern California.  When the word minus comes up or the word negative in December you think math, excel spreadsheet, edgy lingo, never do you think of temperature.  Because I have for a fact experience 80s and 90s in December.  That is 100 Degrees difference people.

So.  I had to document my first time experiencing negative degree weather.  And by experience I mean sit inside and cook and play with Fiona while I make tea and hot beverages and food for Jason when he comes home during lunch and for after work because my husband is a blue collar man and has to work in that negative degree weather.

Thank God he is not sick too.  Can you even imagine? 

 Well.  Before I sign off this post let me tell you something.  When I moved to Colorado every person who had lived in snow told me I was in for the shock of my life.  And I would like to tell them.  This negative degree weather is awesome and beautiful and I am loving these new experiences.  So I am going to sign off here so I can go start crocheting a blanket or scarf or beanie or something. 

Cheers!  

Oh. One more thing.  I would like to give a special thanks to Jason for letting me steal his phone and email so I can post a picture.  Stories are so much more inviting with pictures.  I am not that interesting without them.  (oowee..I am in a sarcastic mood this morning.  Watch out world!)

Ok.  For realsies.  I bid you adieu.

No comments :

Post a Comment