Monday, April 29, 2013

Embroidered 3 Month Onesies for Fiona



This past week I finished embroidering Fiona two 3Month onesies. 



[I embroidered her three Newborn onesies which I will share in another post. (I wanted to post the most relevant ones first!)]







      This time around I decided that iron on patterns are much easier than drawing on the onesie material.  Onesies are super duper stretchy and are not forgiving whatsoever with pencil. 

      For these 3M onesies I prewashed/shrunk Carter’s Precious Firsts.  The material was relatively easy to stitch through compared to Gerber, which is what I have previously used.


     I chose redwork for the cute chickens.  I did a backstitch for the majority of the pattern and chose a daisy stitch for the flowers to give contrast. 


     When I was looking at the ironed on image of the butterfly I was instantly drawn to the Monarch Butterfly and chose my colors accordingly. 




     For this onesie I chose to use a variety of stitches.  I also decided to outline the image in black.  For the inside of the wings I used 2 strands orange and one strand yellow to really give the illusion of the Monarchs coloring.  Lastly, I did not want to stitch white on white, so I chose a light yellow for the circles in the wings.

     In the image you can still see the pattern behind it, but I just completed this yesterday and wanted to get this up since it has been a week since my last post.  I assure you I have been busy and have lots to catch you up on.

By the way, not to gloat, but Fiona really looks super cute in these onesies! 

     I have 2 more onesies two finish with small images on them that I will share with photos of her NB onesies as soon as they are done!


 If interested in contacting me to embroider onesies please email me at Brianna.m.lentz@gmail.com.  I have a lot of vintage copyright free patterns that I can use, and plan to use, on her embroidered clothes in the future!

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment