Monday, January 9, 2012

A new way to "SAIL"


                I stumbled upon this video on my Facebook newsfeed.   ( I reread this sentence and giggled…I had no intention of a stumbleupon.com pun.  The people who named their site were good.)   It’s a music video done by two young comedic girls redoing “Sail” by AWOLnation.  I found this video to be completely hilarious and extremely well done. 
                They played with sex appeal in the first 1:20 of the video .  Then, out of nowhere, you get hit with a frame with a completely apathetic redhead mocking herself, and the video.  I died laughing from that point on.  The icing on the cake is the pop up that describes their outrageous looks as “Gremlin and Java the Hut faces.”  What an unnecessary, but funny touch.  I think the editing is well done and I love the colors and accents they chose.  They did a great job balancing their humor with the videography themes within the artist’s official video.   Job well done ladies!  ( …they will never read this…)
                I love seeing young talent use the resources our generation has provided.  Each of the 2 girls have their own youtube channels and different videos similar to the one I shared.   They kicked off the year as openers on The Dial Up Tour and will be in Anaheim, CA Feb 4th.  These girls are quirky and fun, and seem to be thriving because they weren’t afraid to blare their personality!   I find them inspiring and appreciate their boldness. I just had to share this video on here!  

No comments :

Post a Comment