Monday, December 28, 2015

A Very Yarn Related Christmas...


Merry Christmas to you :)

I wanted to quickly hop on to my blog and just post some of the yarn related things I got for Christmass because it was very clear where  my wish list was directed.

I have fisnished all  of my projects for the year and haven't wanted to start a new project that would carry into 2016.  I also didn't want to start a new crochet project becacuse I had completed so many in such a short amount of time I needed a small break from it.  So, I have been practicing knitting.

2016 one of my main goals is to become as skilled with knitting as I am in crochet.  And I am doing  pretty well.


One of the things that I have been wanting for about 2 years has been a yarn swift, but I knew I wouldn't use it, I just wanted it.  But now, in 2016 that baby is going to be used quite a lot!  So I picked it out (and ordered it) but it is a gift from Jason and Fiona.  I am so excited!  I did a good amount of research and chose the yarn swift from KnitPicks.  It is beautiful and I love that the keys have bumpers on the ends of them to protect the surface the swift becomes mounted to.  It is beautiful and I am very pleased with it and cannot wait to use it.  I also ordered a Try Me set from KnitPicks to see what type of interchangeable needle set I would like to get in the future.



To go with my yarn swift I ordered some yarn off of eBay.  It is beautiful and squishy!  I am in love with this yarn.



I also received a great present from my inlaws.  A perfect gift.  Vintage crochet hook set that I have never seen before in person or on the internet.  I am very happy to have it in my collection.  Knitted by tags and a needle holder.  They also had no clue I was commiting myself to knitting this year. They are good to me.




Lastly, is my stocking :)
I received a planner and some fun materials for my Etsy Shop.  Target had the cutest things this year!

That concludes the yarn related things I received for Christmas this year.  I have one more post before the new year beause I want to close out 2015 with a look at the projects I completed this year and my goals for 2016 and that is it!

I hope you are all having a fantastic Christmas and Holiday season.  I am very blessed.  Fiona is snuggled up right next to me as I type this.  Life is good.

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment