Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Best Garlic Cheese Bread Pizza Ever. EVER!


     Fall is here.  And you know what?  Food just tastes better when its fall.  It could be that this month I turned 25 and Jason and I celebrated 2 years of marriage last Wednesday and I am just happy, happy, happy.  But I think those are just perks of the month and that Fall just makes food taste even better.

     Its getting colder.  Lets cover ourselves up with jeans and socks and boots and coats and why yes I can afford to have one more slice! Ha.  This Fall and Winter I might be adding to the percentile of people who gain 10 pounds during the Holidays.  And I blame my loss of will power to The Pioneer Woman.

     Living with Jason's parents has granted me access to my long lost lover: Food Network.  And this time around my lover has introduced me to a new mistress: Ree Drumond.

     My God can that ginger cook.  I am having an intimate relationship with her and her life and I don't even know her, and that with fall, is translating into my food.  And Jason is definitely benefiting.

     I found the Pizza Dough episode and Jason found the Garlic Cheese Bread episode (that I recorded.)

     Its ok Jason.  I understand.  Ree Drummond is a real woman.
   

     Getting back to past reality.  Last Friday night we made Homemade Pizza with her pizza dough recipe which is by far my favorite.  I split the dough in half and saved half of it for the weekend.  I really liked this dough and it reminded me of Focaccia bread so I really dimpled it while it was on the baking pan.  We covered it with a garlic butter sauce, shredded lemon chicken that I made that Monday and then lots of Mozzarella.  I didn't take a picture of the pizza because I wasn't the one watching it while I was cleaning up and it got too dark on top but it tasted delicious.


 But here is a picture of the lemony chicken!

     So Sunday after church Jason had a great idea to make Cheese Bread with the Pizza Dough.





It was so dang good.  We modified the recipe a tad to what we had at home and let me tell you it was killer.



     We also had some pulled pork in the refrigerator that needed to be processed through too that my Dad in law made.  We contemplated putting it on top of the pizza garlic bread but we decided we wanted to leave the cheesy goodness unadulterated so Jason had the brilliant idea of putting some pulled pork into the left over garlic butter sauce and letting it simmer.

     We ate it on the side and spooned it on our pizza with as many bites as we chose.  I made noises while I ate it.  It was too freaking good.  And Fiona was crazy about it.  She LOVED it.  She loved it so much that I gave her her own slice to munch on.






      I would suggest following the links I provided in the text and make this treat as a great meal or snack for any possible occasion.  It even heats up well.  It is TO DIE FOR!

CHEERS!

No comments :

Post a Comment