Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

     I wanted to write a post about this book for a while and I haven’t.  I mean it really is that simple.  I just haven’t.   I have a post already written about the book I finished yesterday but I feel this since of necessity to share my love for a book I read earlier this year before I dare cheat on it with talking about another.  (Yes.  I have love affairs with my books.  You should too.)

     Earlier this year I read Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.  This is a really popular book and a book I had heard commonly referenced as a person’s favorite book.  I thoroughly can see why.  It is effing kickass.  It is one of those books that after you read you sit and have a simple thought similar to “Dammit.  I wish I had read this way before now.”  It is one of those books that makes you laugh and cry and high-five the page and close your eyes by yourself in disbelief because the writer makes you feel that violated.  It is one of those books that you stop, get up, find a pen, and underline quotes that you dare not forget.  It is one of those books you take photos of words on pages and post on Instagram.  It is one of those books that you realize you can't just have lunch with the author but you need to buy another book from the author and take him or her out on another date like dinner and then desert and then a drink and build more of a relationship.  It is one of those books that inspires you to write.  It is one of those books that motivates you to be the hero that kicks ass and take names.  It is one of those books that make you sit and ponder the idea of war and your faith in God.  It is one of those books that makes you think, “what else can I discover that is as monumental as this but goes unknown.”   It is one of those books that you display on your shelf of glory and never take down.  It is one of those books you post about on your blog in hopes someone else will read it too.

Cheers and Good Readings.


No comments :

Post a Comment