Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Real Life Book Swap



My friend Sarah Knott and I actually did a real life book swap!

     She asked if I would be interested and I of course said yes!   Her and I have always shared a love for books, and became friends right away due to the fact that Frankenstein is both her's and mine’s favorite book (which is not that common whatsoever).

     Typically, like book clubs, tea parties, and things of that nature, intentions are usually met, talked about, but never get put into action.  Well, thankfully Sarah put the swap into action and I was so surprised when Jason told me I had a package from her in the mail!  

     She sent me What-the-Dickens by Gregory Maguire, the author Wicked.   It is a really fun story about a rogue tooth fairy.  I loved it!  I told her I was so thankful:  1. For engaging in the book swap and 2. For sending me a FUN book to read. 

     I realized as I was thinking about what book to send her, that I never read fun books.  The funnest books I read are typically folklore, mythology, or books filled with sarcastic essays which I love, but aren’t that “Fun” to the majority of people out there. 

     I have an imagination for sure, but really need a story laced with some sort of realism to get my gears going.   I am a realist through and through. I suppose that is why I enjoy tales filled with tragedy.

     I decided to send her Atonement by Ian McEwan.  As I discussed in my online book swap in this post, I told of my love for the tragedy that Atonement is.  Again, I am saving my analysis of the book for another post of another date. 


Luckily, Sarah has never seen the movie or read the book!

     I, received What-the-Dickens a couple weeks ago and finally finished it this past Thursday night.  It was a delightful read and really was a great break from reality.  It was a great escape into peaceful mommy time and is a story I look forward to reading to Fiona when she can comprehend a longer storyline than Go Dog Go

Well, anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my real life book swap and look forward to the next one!  
And with that I bid you Good Readings!

No comments :

Post a Comment