Saturday, September 29, 2012

Baby Fiona Update


     This weekend has really been a great one.  I know its not over yet, but I thought I would stop for a second and give a baby update. 

 Baby update: 
     Baby Fiona is doing great!  I had a Doctor’s appointment on Thursday.   Jason was able to come too which is great.  Even though he was dog-tired my husband came to be there for a simple weigh in and heart beat listen.  Like I always say, he is a keeper.  I was a little worried that I might measure out smaller than I should, and that I may not have gained enough weight.  But thank God, the Doctor was all smiles to see that I had gained back the weight I had lost when I went to my last appointment.  Also, my uterus measurements are right on target.  She also said that an active baby is a healthy baby, which reassured me that Fi is alive and thriving because this girl throws parties in her studio apartment all the time.  I like to pretend she is blasting “jump around, jump around, jump! Jump! Jump!”  Because it literally feels like I have a mini alien jumping on a trampoline inside me. 

     I was asked when I got to my appointment if I wanted this shot, and this other shot, and if I wanted to drink some orange stuff to get my blood drawn in an hour for Diabetes.  I, of course, asked “Can I chug it now?”  She said yes, so I said yes.  (my husband pointed out my use of the word chug…maybe not appropriate at my appointment…but…)  I didn’t want to drive all the way back to get blood drawn, so I figured why not do everything in one day. BAD IDEA.  

If you are pre-26 weeks and still need to drink the Orange liquid for your Diabetes and Anemia blood test let me advise you of the following:      
  1. Do not chug after eating a Jumbo Jack with Cheese and large fry on your way to your appointment to increase your weight at the Doctor’s appointment.  IT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO PUKE and bring undesirable 1st trimester flashbacks.
  2. Be aware of all bathrooms on your way to the blood drawing place.
  3. If you do have to throw up about a half an hour after chugging the orange bottle like a champ, my Doctor said it is ok.  

     Also, my second major piece of advice is to not get your flu shot and tetanus shot done the same day.  I did.  I was on this ‘whambamthankyoumam’ mentality Thursday and didn’t consider later consequences to my quick decisions.  When pregnant, you shouldn’t sleep on your back because it could cut off air to your baby, when you get those shots you cant sleep on either arm.  A night of pain induced sleep is on its way.  NOT OK.   Your next day is then a crap shoot, and you may or may not take a 4 hour nap in the middle of the day due to lack of sleep and a very bossy and growing baby inside of you.  Also, you will make yourself a prime target for harassment from your husband.  If harassment occurs, I would like to suggest a quick pinch to that soft skin in the upper part of his arm.  It exerts little strength and makes him wince. 

     Well.  Jason and I are so happy that Fiona is right on track and that I am doing great!  My weight is good, measurements are good, and Fiona’s heartbeat is strong as an ox.  All things are great!

      Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of the weekend! Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment