Sunday, July 29, 2012

Date Night in LA!!!

                
Jason and I @ The Perch

Last night was a surprise date night in LA!

I absolutely love LA.  I love the buildings, the colors, the lights, the sounds, the lip stick, the crazy hair, the fooooooooood.  My husband however, not so much a huge fan.  A few months into us dating he went with a few of my friends to a trip to Hollywood.  My love, Amoeba Records, quickly made him squeamish and gasping for air.  That night all of us went to Santa Monica pier where we got into a huge fight.  And I thought Oh My God, I am never getting him back in LA.  The only reason I have asked him to go back to LA with me is to take me to The Tar Pit restaurant.  (We still have yet to go….)

But! Last night he surprised me! Instead of going to the Pike in Long Beach he took me to a food truck in downtown LA!!!  Coolhaus is an ice cream food truck that did so well that they were able to recently open a little spot of their own in Culver City.  Luckily,  it was closed by the time we were heading out the door so he surprised me with a trip to LA so we could still get some of their outrageous ice cream. 
Our 1st  stop of the evening was an ice cream sandwich at Coolhaus foodtruck.  It was located in Pershing Square in Downtown LA.  Great location!  We got parking for $7.50.

Jason got Fried Chicken and Waffle Ice Cream  

I got browned butter Ice Cream with Bacon

Absolutely delicious!

After ice cream we went on a stroll for a place to get some cocktails and appetizers.  Right around the corner we saw a lounge on top of a building and Jason said ‘that place looks fun.”   This awesome place was The Perch on the 15th, and top floor of the building.  It is a French restaurant where you need to book reservations for about 2 days in advance.  Since we were only looking for something to sip on, we were able to go to a floor above where there was another outside area for drinks only.  It was not terribly priced, and was a great evening spent looking out at the city lights.  We could see a band shooting a music video on top of a building across the way. Everyone there was ready to mingle and have a great time.  I could see in Jason’s face he was having a freaking blast! 

The view was fantastic


After being at The Perch for two to three hours we decided to hit up the infamous Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles.    Jason’s mentality was “when in Rome.” When we left The Perch there was a line of at least 50 people waiting to get up to the lounge we had just left.  I advise you get there before 8 on a busy Saturday night to avoid the line!  It seems to be a hot spot! 

 We got to Roscoe's at about 10:45pm and only had to wait about 2 minutes before they had a spot to seat us.  The mentality inside is supreme customer service  mixed with an immense amount of “bust your ass.”  Jason and I split the Herbs Special which was 1 breast, 1 thigh, 1 wing, 1 leg, and 2 waffles for $16.10.  We also ordered a side of Mac n’ cheese which I highly recommend.  We were served our food within 5 minutes of ordering and were served piping hot fried chicken.  On the side they offer Rooster hot sauce if you are familiar with it.  So good!







Such a great date night in LA.  The best part was the spontaneity of it and how great of a time Jason had.  Jason is definitely a country boy in LA, back off girls… he is all mine!

No comments :

Post a Comment