Sunday, December 11, 2011

ABE

I am sorry I have been away all week!  I have been a busy gal!

I went to Disneyland a couple of times, celebrated my niece's 2nd birthday! And I took care of a husband with the flu…and have now caught it myself. 



                                   Beautiful colors!




But, more important news is I have picked up an old project in order to get ready for a few new projects I have been brewing up.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN!
(I find him to be the most admirable historical figure of all time, besides Jesus, obviously.)




Back story: I started this project towards the beginning of the year, but became too busy with life and all of my projects took a big timeout.
But, originally, when I decided I really wanted to try embroidering I thought about getting some stencils off of Sublime Stitching.  Then I thought, well, I might as well practice on a practice fabric before I order anything offline to try.  Then, after I wrote Jiberish, I thought why pay money for a stencil when I can make one myself?



With that light bulb, I went to a thrift store called Savers in La Mirada, CA and found some great fabric to practice the stitching and stenciling.  From there I drew Abe Lincoln and then traced it from my drawing pad to the fabric using carbon paper and a pen. The traced Lincoln is the last task I completed before I took a good 9 month hiatus from embroidering. 
Yesterday, I decided I wanted to embroider some felt stockings and decided a great way to practice would be by picking up and finally finishing Abe Lincoln.




This is where I am at right now.  I hope to start the stockings and post a finished Abe by Wednesday!


"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
-Abraham Lincoln

No comments :

Post a Comment